| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Zurich in January is slightly cold at -0.6 °C (30.92 °F).
- Afternoons can be very cool with average high temperatures reaching 2 °C (35.6 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally slightly cold with an average low of -2.8 °C (27 °F).
- In January there is a variation/ range of mean daily temperatures of 4.8 °C (8.6 °F).
- The weather in January is marginally dry with snow every now and then. Only 69mm (2.7in) of H2O is unloaded across on average 14 days.
- The heavens above Zurich are dismal having an average of just 1:29 of gorgeous sunshine daily.
- The shortest day is 8:31 long and the longest day is 9:27 long with an average length of 8:55.
- There are approximately 7:14 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 17% of daylight hours and cloudy 83% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Zurich January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Zurich, Switzerland
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Zurich: